Tuesday, November 17, 2009

my gender culture


My gender is female, so I am part of the female culture. I express my female culture every day through the clothes that I wear and the amount of time that I spend on taming my hair. I enjoy cooking, sewing, and crafting. My girlfriends and I enjoy dressing up in costumes. Because I belong to the female culture, I am invited to events like craft night and naked lady parties (clothing exchanges). When we get together, we drink wine and gossip. We talk a million miles a minute in high voices. When I think of my history, I think of the history of all the women in my family. This is what it means to me to be a part of the female culture.

Mi género es hembra, así que yo soy parte de la cultura feminina.  Expreso mi cultura feminina todos los días a través de la ropa que llevo y la cantidad de tiempo que paso controlando mi cabello.  Disfruto cocinar, coser y confeccionar artesanías.  Mis amigas y yo gozamos de ponernos disfraces.  Aunque suena sexista, mis aficciones ejemplifican mi cultura feminina.  Porque soy parte de la cultura feminina, me invitan a eventos como "Craft night" y fiestas de mujeres para intercambiar nuestra ropa y obtener ropa nueva.  Cuando estamos juntas, tomamos vino y chismeamos.  Hablamos un millón millas cada minuto en voces altas.  Cuando yo pienso en mi historia, pienso en la historia de todas las mujeres de mi familia.  Todo esto es lo que me significa ser parte de la cultura de mujeres.

No comments:

Post a Comment